Oscar is a computer engineer with experience in information technology, full-stack software development, robotics, and artificial intelligence.
Below is some of Oscar’s recent activity listed in roughly reverse chronological order by delivery date.
Some of Oscar’s current projects include:
- developing Robot Operating System apps for ARKS, and simulating in Gazebo
- developing a Laravel.php application for a legal startup client
- building a GIS Django.py app for a logistics client
- building a LAMP & Knockout.js CRUD, and deployed to the GCP
- designing, building, and maintaing websites for various clients
- continually learning science, specifically researching interpretable machine learning theory.
Recently, Oscar has:
- built a Flask.py application for TanVivo, integrating Twilio’s SMS and WhatsApp features into an existing Wordpress app, and deployed on Digital Ocean
- maintained all 20+ websites for The American Assembly’s projects, and migrated access to other organizations
- built a website for the Inland Empire Hispanic Leadership Council using the Hugo static site generator, and hosted with the Netlify CMS (content management system).
- built a website for Nex Move Games using the Jekyll static site generator, and hosted it with AWS’s Route 53 and S3
- built an Express.js web application for an e-commerce client which syncs inventory data across e-commerce platforms in real time, and deployed it with NGINX on Digital Ocean, improving sell-through rate by over 160%.
- designed Arduino code, deployed custom Ruby on Rails Serial communication microservice on a Raspberry Pi, and built a full-stack Meteor.js+React.js web app GUI for ARKS
- history & English, computer science, math & Earth science
- learned a lot about philosophy, mathematics, computer science and researched discrete+algorithmic math, economic dynamics, biomimetic electronics, computational complexity, and natural language processing.
Some smaller projects include:
- writing a Golang program to generate PDF archives of every page of a website given a sitemap, and using it to archive a 127-page site.
- diagnosing issues between client’s email host setup and browser incompatibility in major social networking site
- pushing code to git, patching, and deploying applications on Digital Ocean.
In addition to hardware projects, he’d like to work with mobile apps, machine learning, embedded systems and IoT.
For more about him, take a look at his resume, or email for a free consultation.